Ingredients of Egg Paratha
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- A pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp of oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of chopped onions
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 2 Tbsp of coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp of garam masala
How to Make Egg Paratha
- 1.In a mixing bowl, add flour, salt and oil, and knead the mixture into a smooth dough using 1 cup of water. You can add in a little more water if the dough seems dry. Knead well.
- 2.Divide the dough into 4 balls.
- 3.Roll out the dough ball evenly using a rolling pin, then fold it twice to form a triangle. Roll it out again to make a triangular sheet. Repeat the process with the remaining dough.
- 4.In a bowl, whisk the eggs well along with onions, chilli, coriander leaves, garam masala and salt. Keep aside.
- 5.Place the rolled dough on a hot tawa, and let it cook for 1-2 minutes on both sides. Add a little oil on the surface and let it cook for one more minute.
- 6.As the edges start to crisp, quickly make a slit using a sharp knife along the folds and pour in half the quantity of egg. Tilt the paratha a little so that the egg mix slides in. Then flip it over and repeat the process on the other side.
- 7.Drizzle some more oil on the paratha and press the surface gently using the back of your spoon. Turn up the heat and continue cooking the paratha until it fluffs up and turns crisp brown.
- 8.Serve hot with a helping of desi ghee on top.